Friday, June 7, 2013

All Kinds of Sick

As I sit here and write this; my body is fighting an epic, apparently losing battle against a mutant head cold. My head is spinning, my fingers ache and roughly every 45 seconds my spinal column shivers uncontrollably. Somehow through sheer force of will I made it through a 9 hour shift at the job that actually pays me, but I digress. Despite my best efforts to peer through the haze, this post should serve as sufficient evidence that I am in no condition to write. To the few loyal followers who visit the blog every other day (I cherish you, I really do) please accept my apologies. I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and hopefully be back with some thoughts on the Piston's hiring of Maurice Cheeks; assuming they get around to actually doing so this weekend.

In the meantime please accept the following as my way of making up for my absence. As a self confessed nerd; I am often asked by my non-athletic friends "what's so special about hockey?" In my 36 years on this earth, I have never once been able to provide an answer that adequately expressed why I love the game; until now. Please note that I did not make this video; the man who did goes by the name "hockeysemin" on Youtube and he is an artist. The music alone is incredible, don't be bashful go watch it on Youtube and enjoy:



That, is why I love hockey. Goodnight everyone; a warm blanket is calling my name.

- Sportsball Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment